Friday 26 September 2014

FORGET ME NOT | Stacey Nash

FORGET ME NOT
Stacey Nash
source: netgalley
pub: Feb 2014

♠.♠.♠

Forget Me Not is the story of Anamae, most often called Mae, who finds a pendant and brooch combination that allows her to become invisible. She and her best friend Will are swept into the world of the Collective, and those who work against them, including attractive freedom fighter Jax.


It took me a while to get into this, but once I did I read through it very quickly. It was an intriguing concept initially but I think it definitely could have used more development of the world and the characters. Instead of connecting with new characters I very much felt like I was just connecting with old familiar ones. Jax in particular reminded me a lot of Jace Lightwood but with less snappy one-liners.



As a heroine Mae wasn't bad, but she was ordinary, and I did struggle with that. It also seemed to me like she made some very stupid decisions and was very trusting of people that she hardly knew. I will be reading the sequel because I was approved for both on Netgalley and I didn't hate it, it just wasn't all that memorable. I think that maybe it didn't quite know whether it was trying to be science fiction or fantasy... and that was problematic. I'll see how I go with the sequel, but my hopes are not very high.

No comments:

Post a Comment